Monday, September 12, 2011

All Drains Lead To The Ocean

On Saturday September 10, 2011 we said goodbye to one of our family members. 

Goldie Griffith
2010-2011

Carter asked if I would please take pictures and write a blog about Goldie {lol}. So with a little input from my son here goes... 

Goldie the beta was such a happy fish always swimming around his tank with his big orange tail streaming behind him. He brought many a smile to our faces and many laughs when he would puff up his face when we would tap on the glass of his underwater oasis.

But now, the kitchen counter where he used to reside is empty. 

I knew Goldie hadn't been feeling well for a while now and I had been preparing Carter by telling him that I thought Goldie might be getting sick and that fishies don't live for a long time so we have to make the time we do have with them special. I think our moving Goldie from the old house to the new one was a bit traumatizing for him. As we drove Goldie over to the new house he sloshed around in his half filled tank while Carter held him in the back seat.
Carter kept getting mad every time we would go over a bump in the road. He said, "It's not easy to move a fish in a town with such bumpy roads!"
Words of wisdom.

The day we found the deceased Goldie floating in his tank, none of us were really surprised but we were all a little sad. Guess he couldn't "just keep swimming" any longer. Carter had asked previously what we would do with Goldie if he died. I told him we would flush him down the toilet. He actually thought that was kinda funny and then quoted the movie Finding Nemo and said with a smile, "All drains lead to the ocean mom!" I couldn't help but laugh too. 

So that day, the three of us gathered around his porcelain grave and each said a few words about our little Goldie. Then we sent him back to the "ocean" where he belongs.





RIP Goldie.
And hopefully the sharks will remember, "Fish are friends, not food."


xoxo,
Lacee