In most things in life, I try to look for a lesson that can be learned. Even in the worst of situations I believe you can learn something that can help you either immediately or in the future. Well, moving is no different. And even though this is my 4th time moving since I've been married, I still find that there are a lot of things that I can learn from it {or should've already learned}.
So here is a list of lessons that I've learned while moving that will hopefully help you out if you are planning a move in the future. {Now I had all these grand plans of taking pictures of all the moving shenanigans, but as you'll see I failed miserably and only managed to get a few :( sorry peeps.}
Lessons Learned While Moving
**You will always be amazed at just how much crap you can accumulate in such a short period of time. Does one really need 4 phone books or take out menus from every restaurant within 50 miles? I think not.
**Always, and I mean ALWAYS be around to supervise the men folk. Sure they are burly and strong and are needed when heavy objects need lifting, but they are not always the most careful when moving precious items...even if they are clearly labeled FRAGILE.
**It's a good idea to periodically clean out your medicine cabinet. Having meds that expired in 08 are bound to make you feel worse, not better.
**The same goes for kitchen spices. Seasoning food with spices that expired in 06 is not going to make your food taste better and will probably send you to your medicine cabinet in search of a bottle of Pepto...in which case, don't forget to check the expiration date.
**Finding 5 different pints of ice cream and popsicles while cleaning out your freezer indicates that you either 1) need to clean out your freezer more often or 2) need to seek professional help for your ice cream addiction.
| This is an actual picture of my ice cream stash |
**Say goodbye to your pretty manicured baby soft hands and say hello to dirt under your fingernails and hands that feel like sand paper.
**Moving will make you discover muscles that you never knew you had and you will be sore in places you didn't know you could be sore. Simply rolling over in bed will take much effort...and a lot of grunting.
**In the weeks leading up to the big move your house will be in mass disarray and you will begin to feel like you and your home belong on an episode of Hoarders.
![]() |
| No, this is NOT my house...but this is how I felt it looked |
**Mystery bruises will pop up all over your poor little furniture moving battered body. People will stare at your bruised arms like you've been in some kind of drunken bar fight, but really you've just had it out with a couch and a fridge.
**Even if you are just doing touch up paint, don't think that you are slick enough to paint wearing your "good" clothes. You will get paint on your clothes and probably in your hair too.
**And lastly...creepy new house sounds. As exhausted as you are when you fall into bed, the new creaking and moaning sounds will surely convince you that a scary rapist boogey man is going to jump outta no where and kill you. This is where taking a Unisom to knock you out comes in handy.
So I'm SUUUUUPER happy that we are finally all moved in and starting to get settled. The neighborhood is old and established, there is an awesome park a couple blocks away and the neighbors we have met so far are so sweet and welcoming. We absolutely love it here and couldn't be happier. I have so many wonderful plans for our new place. As I get things done and rooms get completed, I plan on sharing all the excitement with you.
I also wanted to say that I'm so sorry I haven't been getting back to your emails and comments in a very timely manner. I have still taken the time to read them all and appreciate all of you for thinking of me while I was a busy little bee :)
xoxo,
Lacee
P.S. Have you checked out the Barn Owl Primatives Giveaway going on over at Little Miss Momma? If not, hurry and get yourself entered to win a prize worth over $250!! Here's a sneak peek at what's up for grabs...













