These are words that I live by.
I love cupcakes.
I love making them.
Decorating them.
Eating them.
I've made them from a box mix.
I've made them from scratch.
I've even taken a class on cupcake making and decorating.
I am devoted.
I am a cupcake addict connoisseur.
Here are just a few of my creations:
Toy Story Cupcakes
GIANTS World Series Cupcakes
Gender Reveal Cupcakes
Chocolate Mint Cupcakes
Kung Fu Panda Cupcakes
But even after all the dozens and dozens of cupcakes I've made, I never really felt like I had found the "perfect" recipe. One that I would go back to time and time again.
And then, like a ray of golden sunshine beaming down from the heavens,
I found THE recipe.
The one that would put all my other cupcake recipes to shame.
The one that when you took a bite of it's sugary deliciousness you'd hear angels sing.
{insert Halleluja chorus here}
Little did I know, I hadn't been that far off all along. Like I said, I had baked from scratch and I had used box mixes, but the secret was...
TO COMBINE!!
Aha! Yes! Combine a boxed mix with a few other ingredients and MAGIC!!
So get ready to Shake n' Bake ladies & gents!
White Wedding Cake Cupcakes
{to see where I found this recipe click HERE}
This recipe makes a TON of cupcakes. I got 18 regular sized cupcakes and 24 mini cupcakes and still had a little batter left over that I threw out {I know I should be shot}.
Ingredients:
1 (18.25 ounce) box white mix {I used Duncan Hines "Moist" White Cake}
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
4 large egg whites
Directions:
Preheat oven to 325*. Place cupcake liners in cupcake pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, flour, sugar and salt. Add remaining ingredients and beat with hand mixer for 2 minutes, or until well blended.
Fill prepared cupcake tins about 3/4 full. Bake about 18 minutes {mine took more like 22 minutes for the regular cupcakes and 13 minutes for the minis} or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool completely then frost.
*You can also use this mix to make a cake. Pour into greased and floured cake pans and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Wedding Cupcake Buttercream
{to see where I found this recipe click HERE}
This recipe did NOT make enough frosting to frost all my cupcakes. I had 6 leftover cupcakes that went unfrosted and I threw them out {yes, once again I should be shot}. I failed to notice on the recipe that it said it only yields enough frosting for 12 cupcakes...DUH! So I would recommend doubling possibly even tripling this recipe if you want all your cupcakes frosted.
Ingredients:
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
{Start with 1 tablespoon then add more if needed. I only ended up using 1}
Directions:
In a large bowl, with a hand or stand mixer, cream together sugar and butter on low speed. Mix until well blended. Increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for desired spreading/piping consistency.
Scoop into a piping bag and pipe decoratively onto cupcakes, or spread onto cupcakes or cake as desired.
*I used a Wilton 1M tip to frost my cupcakes. Sprinkles are optional but c'mon who doesn't love sprinkles?
{Notice the cute tiered plate? Click HERE to see how to make one!}
And there ya have it folks!
I might as well have taken these cupcakes and slapped them directly onto my thighs because I know that's where they went...but it was soooooo worth it!!!
*devilish grin*
muahahahahaha!
Make these.
Then do a little happy dance around your kitchen.
xoxo,
Lacee













