Friday, August 19, 2011

Moving...

For the past year we have living in an itty bitty, yet very cozy apartment. Although there are things we really like here...swimming pool, no yard work, free coffee and gym in the clubhouse, monthly wine and cheese parties...there are things we really dislike...no garage, making 100 trips just to bring the groceries in, and extremely stompy upstairs neighbors who also like to vacuum at the crack of dawn {grrr}. So we are very excited that in just about week we will be moving! Only a few miles away, but to a house that will definitely be more roomy and quiet...hopefully :) We'll finally have a garage and a yard again {maybe I can have a veggie garden!}...YAY! 

In the meantime, things are going to get pretty crazy up in here. With Booger Bear starting kindergarten and me trying to adjust to a brand new schedule AND trying to pack...I'm about ready to pull my hair out!  As excited as I am to move, I hate the process. Packing, unpacking, cleaning, having your life in shambles for what seems like an eternity. I just have to keep reminding myself that It'll all be worth it in the end.





I have some pretty exciting projects I want to start when I move. Jewelry holders, wreaths, refinish some furniture, and make some artwork, just to name a few. But the thing I am most excited about is...
I'm going to have a craft room!!!
I am so thrilled to finally have my own creative space {besides the kitchen table} where I can do all my projects. And here's the kicker, if I don't finish a project right away...I can leave it out and shut the door! Yes!
Here are a few pics that I find inspirational when it comes to decorating my new space...
{all pics via Pinterest...ya I'm not obsessed or anything *wink*}


I'm definitely in need of a place to display all of Carter's kindergarten artwork and I love one of these ideas



I love these ideas for ribbon storage




This lighting idea is just too adorable. Scrapbook papered dixie cups covering the bulbs on a strand of lights!


Pretty sure I'm going to have to have a beautiful chandelier like the one in this gorgeous room


The idea of using mason jars to store things just makes me super happy!


And of course, who could not be inspired by Ashely of Little Miss Mommas BEAUTIFUL craft room?!


To see more pics of Ashley's amazing craft room click HERE.


So anyway, I'm going to be one busy bee for the next few weeks...probably months actually, and I just wanted to apologize in advance for my lack of posting in the upcoming weeks. I'll be sure to update you as much as possible on all my progress and take lots of pics to share.
So wish me the best whilst I dive head first into cardboard boxes and packing paper!!


xoxo,
Lacee