I didn't really have anything planned to share today, but since my last post was rather unpleasant I knew I needed something quick to change the subject. So I went searching through my photos and found this project that I did awhile back and just forgot to share with you all.
Since Booger Bear started school he has brought home an overwhelming amount of papers {I seriously don't know how those of you with multiple children in school do it!} for me to try and keep track of. I was in desperate need of finding a way to keep them organized.
In our laundry room we have a sort of "catch all" little nook where everything seems to end up. Everything gets put there...mail, school papers, my purse, backpack, ect. Here's a couple of pics of what it looked like before...
| I should have left this in it's messy state for y'all to see...it was really a disaster! |
My solution was to hang a cork board on the wall to put important papers on so I could better keep track of things. Only problem was the ones I liked were SOOO expensive...we're talking like $80+. So I decided to make my own, and with coupons from the Hobby Lobby I was able to do just so for only about $40...woohoo! I just love a good bargain :) So here's how I did it:
You'll Need
**A frame
{I wanted it big so I went with a 24x36}
**A cork panel
{Hobby Lobby sells these already pre-cut! And they just happened to have one to fit my frame...yes!}
**Some heavy duty glue
**Hardware to hang it with
Here's What You Do
First unwrap your cork and take the glass out of your frame.
Lay your frame face down and apply glue to the inside rim of the frame.
Next, lay your cork panel face down onto the glue covered rim. Place some heavy books on top to weigh it down.
Let dry for several hours {overnight is best} then attach hardware and hang on the wall.
This project took about 10 minutes to complete {minus the drying time} and cost me half of what I would've paid for a pre made one. It has helped me to stay organized and has been the perfect solution for that little nook.
I LOVE IT!!
xoxo,
Lacee








