Thursday, July 28, 2011

Interviewing The Boys

Last week we had a special little visit from my 10 year old nephew Taki. He is exactly 5 years to the day older than Booger Bear. Having him here was not only a blast but also a glimpse into the future of what life with a 10 year old boy will be like. I will still have a lot of noise and sound effects to look forward to. There will still be talk of poop, diarrhea, and farting and Star Wars is still sure to be a hot topic of conversation.
Boys will be boys!

But even though they are 5 years apart it still seemed like these two boy cousins had a lot in common...
They both LOVE to swim

Both are into Legos

and video games

They like having a sleepovers

Trips to target never get old

and neither do Icees

or silly faces

Popcorn and M&M's and movie watching is still a hit

and neither are too old to cuddle with their lovies

Over dinner one night I decided to interview both of them using a questionnaire I found via Pinterest. This is what it looks like...

Click here to go to the original link and print out your own copy.

It was so much fun hearing their answers and wondering if they would be the same 10, 5 or even just 1 year from now.

Here are some of their answers that are too funny not to share...

Taki {my 10 year old nephew}
What do you want to be when you're all grow up? Fossil Digger
What is your favorite animal? T-Rex
What makes you happy? Playing outside
What makes you sad? Being grounded
What is your favorite song? If You're Going to Hell by Rodney Atkins


Carter {my 5 year old son}
What do you want to be when you're all grown up? Spiderman
What is your favorite animal? Polar Bear
What makes you happy? When bacon comes out of the oven
What makes you sad? When I don't get the things that I want
What is your favorite song? Hey Soul Sister by Train


I would love to do this every year with them. I think it would be a fun thing to share with them when they are older. So I hope you print a few of these out to do with your kiddos! It's a great way to get them to open up and share with you and the perfect thing to do around the dinner table!


xoxo,
Lacee