Friday, July 29, 2011

Pretzel Kisses

Today I thought I'd share with you something that I've recently fallen head over heels in love with. Naturally it's food related, and yes it includes chocolate.
If I haven't mentioned it yet, chocolate makes me HAPPY...ummm yeah, like REALLY happy. Like when I see something in all it's chocolaty wonder I literally do a "happy dance." And well, these wickedly delicious little bad boys had me dancing all over the kitchen {time and time again as I kept raiding the fridge for more}.
There is something rather euphoric about combining something salty with something sweet.  I can't quite explain what it is but, it really gets my taste buds all twitterpated even just thinking about it.
So enough of my blabbing, let's get to it shall we?

I'm going to show you how to turn these 3 ingredients 



into these

picture via Pinterest
{eat your heart out Willy Wonka!}


I call them
Pretzel Kisses 


Now, I must confess that I did not come up with this idea on my own. I found them on one of my daily Pinterest browsing sessions. Which by the way, if you haven't checked out Pinterest yet then you are TOTALLY missing out peeps!
Anywho, I tried to search and find who actually created these marvelous little things but I couldn't find any one person to give the credit too. So, if any of you out there know then please tell me so I can personally send this genius a virtual hug. I did however come up with the name, Pretzel Kisses, which I think is pretty darn tootin'.
*wink*
So, if you're looking for something to satisfy your sweet tooth or have a chocolaty PMS craving {I actually considered swapping out the M&M with a Midol pill...how rad would that be? Talk about killing two birds with one stone!} then you are going to want to run to the kitchen and make these...PRONTO.


Now on to the goodness...


What you'll need:
Pretzels 
M&M's
{you could even use peanut butter M&M's...oh my!}
Hershey Kisses
{I bet they'd be fantastic with Hershey's Hugs too!}
A baking sheet
Parchment paper or Silpat


Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat and arrange pretzels on top. Then unwrap Hershey Kisses and place one on top of each pretzel.


Place in oven for 3 minutes then remove and press an M&M on each one.

Transfer the baking tray to the fridge and chill until deliciously solid.

Salty
Sweet
and
Scrumdiddlyumptios

You hear that? They're calling you...


So go on and make a batch {or two} you won't regret it!



xoxo,
Lacee