my bed.
For the past couple of days I have been sick with a cold. I've been a sniffling, sneezing, nose blowing, coughing, aching, sore throat, Nyquil chugging mess.
When I am sick I always end up feeling super guilty. I know I shouldn't, after all it's not my fault I'm sick, but I can't help it. I feel guilty because for the duration of my sickness I feel like a lousy wife and momma. Chores go undone, dinner goes uncooked, Carter is left to play by himself and the hubs has to come home from work and take care of not only Carter but me as well. It may sound strange but, I really don't enjoy being waited on. I'd rather be up taking care of my family and doing things myself. But for the past couple of days the only things I have been able to accomplish are 1 load of laundry, the washing of a few dishes, a shower, and a whole lot of laying around...oh and this post which probably isn't going to be all that great.
I feel bad that my hubby has to come home to a slimy nosed, mismatched sweat wearing troll of a wife. I feel bad that he has to rummage around for a clean pair of underwear because I haven't done laundry in days. I feel bad because Carter stays in his p.j's all day. Because the T.V. becomes his babysitter and I become the worst playmate ever. I feel bad that hubbs has to listen to my loud, one nostril breathing and coughing episodes at night. I feel guilty because after a long commute home form work there isn't dinner waiting for him on the table and there is a 5 year old who is completely bursting at the seams from a day of boredom and just wants to play, play, PLAY with his daddy.
But you know what? Neither of them complain.
Hubby comes home and still kisses his steaming pile of a wife on the forehead then shoos me off to bed to get some rest while he steps up to the plate and takes care of all the things I can't. Booger Bear does his best to entertain himself while momma rests. Yesterday he crawled in bed with me with an arm full of Star Wars men. When I told him he didn't have to stay in bed with me and could go elsewhere to play he said, "No mom, you are more important. You rest and if you need me I'll be right here." Melted my heart! Love is truly the best medicine around, and boy do I feel loved.
As I lay here in bed with Carter and a wad of tissues by my side, I can't help but think of all the fun projects and recipes I want to try out and share with you all! I get so antsy just laying around waiting to get better. So hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow feeling like my old peppy self again so I can get busy creating and sharing. Stay well my friends!
xoxo,
Lacee
What do YOU hate most about being sick?







