What did I do before Pinterest? Seriously. What did I do?
I can for sure tell you this...we ate the same ol boring crap every.single.week.
Pinterest has definitely helped me to spice things up in the kitchen. Now I'm not sayin' you'll see me on an episode of Iron Chef anytime soon BUT it's been extremely helpful in getting me out of the weekly 'what to cook for dinner' rut. I have tried so many new recipes in the past few months, in fact, I have actually made it a goal of mine to try one new thing a week from my recipe list on there. Some have been misses, some have been just meh, and others have been INCREDIBLE. If you follow me on facebook then you may have seen the update where I raved about these...
Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chili Sour Cream Sauce
AHHHHHMAZING!!!
Even hubby liked them and he is NOT an easy one to please!
If you like enchiladas then you just have to check out this recipe.
Well, I had another definite score with the Baked Potato Soup I pinned on there too. This is the perfect wintertime comfort food. It is easy, delicious, filling and best of all...
made in good ol Mister Crock Pot himself.
{I also noticed in some of the comments that this soup can be made in a large pot on the stove}
This recipe comes from the blog Momma Loves Food!. So if you'd like to check out the original recipe you can go there. I made a few changes of my own so I decided to write up how I did it here. The original recipe makes about 10-12 servings, but since nobody else in my house would eat this I cut it in half. So if you want to make more servings just double the ingredients or check the original recipe.
2 1/2lbs Russet Potatoes
{peel half of the potatoes and wash and leave the skins on the other half.
Cut into 1/2 inch cubes}
1 small yellow onion, diced
5 cloves of garlic crushed or finely minced
4 cups of chicken stock
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
Salt and Pepper to taste
Garnishes:
Crumbled bacon
Shredded cheddar cheese
Green onions
Directions
Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoned salt and chicken to slow cooker
Cook on high for about 6 hours or on low for 10 hours.
Remove about 1/2 to 1/3 of the soup from the Crock Pot and puree with 1/2 of the cream cheese. I used my immersion blender for this step.
Return the puree to Crock Pot, stir in the rest of the cream cheese and allow it to melt. Stir every 10-15 minutes until the soup is well blended. Do a little taste test to see if you need to add some salt and pepper. I added some to mine.
Garnish however you desire and ENJOY!
If you go to heat up the leftovers the next day and the soup seems a little too thick, then just add a splash of chicken stock to loosen it up a bit. The leftovers are fabulous!
If you would like to join Pinterest and need an invite, email me at:
mommaslikeme.lacee@gmail.com
and I will send one to you!
Happy Pinning Peeps!
xoxo,
Lacee








