If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I have a love for the oh so delicious combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Good for my taste buds...bad for my hips.
So my plan?
Spread the goodness around to everyone else therefore reducing the spread of my backside.
{evil grin}
I made a batch of these cookies a few weeks ago, and since one batch makes SO many, I kept a dozen for me and the fam and sent the rest to work with my hubby to give to his workmates. According to my hubbs they were a huge hit and were gone within minutes!
I've been making monster cookies for a long time now and if you search on the internet you'll find that everyone seems to have their own version of this cookie. Some people add nuts, raisins, peanut butter chips, toffee pieces and even rice crispies. The possibilities are really endless and totally up to your imagination and personal liking, but I tend to prefer to keep things simple. So my friends, here is my version of this ridiculously delicious cookie...
Ingredients
So my plan?
Spread the goodness around to everyone else therefore reducing the spread of my backside.
{evil grin}
I made a batch of these cookies a few weeks ago, and since one batch makes SO many, I kept a dozen for me and the fam and sent the rest to work with my hubby to give to his workmates. According to my hubbs they were a huge hit and were gone within minutes!
I've been making monster cookies for a long time now and if you search on the internet you'll find that everyone seems to have their own version of this cookie. Some people add nuts, raisins, peanut butter chips, toffee pieces and even rice crispies. The possibilities are really endless and totally up to your imagination and personal liking, but I tend to prefer to keep things simple. So my friends, here is my version of this ridiculously delicious cookie...
Ingredients
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup m&m's
3/4 cup chocolate chips
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats {not instant}
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or baking mat. In a very large mixing bowl, cream together the eggs and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well.
{measuring the peanut butter is made so much easier with this handy little kitchen helper!}
Drop cookies 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not over bake.
Let stand on the cookie sheet for about 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies using a 1 inch cookie scoop.
Ooey Gooey Chewy Peanut Buttery Deliciousness!!
Let stand on the cookie sheet for about 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies using a 1 inch cookie scoop.
Ooey Gooey Chewy Peanut Buttery Deliciousness!!
What do YOU put in your Monster Cookies?
xoxo,
Lacee







