Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Resolutions...

res·o·lu·tion

1. A firm decision to do or not to do something.
2. The state of being resolute; firm determination.

Ahhhh, New Years resolutions.
You either love em or hate em.
Accomplish them or roll them over to the next year.
Either way, I think its great to set goals. Nothing beats the feeling of accomplishment when you actually complete a goal or become successful in changing something in your life.

Rewind to 2010...it was an amazing year for me. I accomplished many goals that I had set for myself, got into the best shape of my life, challenged myself to try new things and felt like I had really grown and learned a lot about myself and who I wanted to be. I was so excited for 2011 and had some rather high expectations. But as it turns out, 2011 was not all that I had imagined it to be.
Maui 2010...best shape ever...sigh. And oh how I miss my long hair!

Early in the year, cancer took the life of another dear loved one...one of my moms best friends and someone who was like a second mom to me. She was such an amazing person and touched the lives of so many people including mine. This stirred up a lot of emotions in me about my own parents and I found myself once again mourning their loss. The previous year I had worked so hard to transform my body and get in shape, only to once again this year put myself on the back burner. I went from working out 6 days a weeks to pretty much nothing. Finding a happy medium has been so hard and I've let disappointment in myself win. It's also been a very challenging year financially for us. But there have been some recent changes with my hubbs work situation and we are hopeful that things will improve.
I'm learning that when things don't always turn out the way you hoped, it's actually an opportunity to grow, learn and become a better person. Focus on the positive that can come from the situation rather than the negative...I know, I know, easier said than done in most cases. I've been reminded to cherish my loved ones even more, always tell them how much they mean to me and never take a single moment with them for granted. I've learned that getting and staying in shape has to become a lifestyle...not my whole life. That I DO have time to work out and take care of myself and all the other responsibilities I have, I just need to use the time I spend making excuses getting it done. I've learned to live on a budget and how incredibly wasteful we were in the past. I've learned to appreciate that money really can't buy happiness and while we were always striving for more and more, everything I ever needed was right in front of me and could fit perfectly in my arms.
Now I'm not saying that 2011 was an all together crappy year...it had its wondermous {wink} moments too! Carter started kindergarten and although the first few weeks were rough {for me} he is doing wonderfully and so am I...teehee :) My hubby and I celebrated 10 years of marriage and I can honestly tell you that I have never been happier, more in love or felt so blessed to have this man in my life. Our journey may not always be a smooth one but there is nobody else in this world I'd want by my side through all the ups and downs. We made so many beautiful memories as a family and as a couple. Oh and I started this blog of course! Never would have thought I would enjoy blogging as much as I do. Still not sure where it's going to take me but I'm holding on tight for the ride and truly enjoying every minute.
Looking back, 2010 was a great year because I made it one. And that's exactly what I plan to do in 2012. No more waiting for good things to happen like I felt I did in 2011, but making them happen. Learning to roll with the punches, so to speak, and make the very best of every situation...even the unexpected crappy ones. So with that said, here are a few things that I am planning to work towards in 2012:

1. Learn to sew.
2. Open a shop on etsy.
3. Get into a routine of working out and making healthier choices.
4. Finish decorating our home and set up my craft room.
5. Entertain more.
6. Make date night for me and the hubbs a priority.
7. Be a more patient momma and spend more meaningful time with my little bean.
8. Go to bed earlier and get up earlier so I can make better use of my time {not looking forward to this one!}.
9. Continue to challenge myself creatively and also in the kitchen.
10. To live life more in the present, enjoying the moments I'm in and not always be thinking/worrying/planning ahead to the next.

So here's to 2012...
all that is has to offer and all that I intend to make of it!  

Linking up here and you should too!

xoxo,
Lacee