So I'm sure you have all heard the news by now...all those beautiful smiling faces that I just love seeing in the side bar of my blog are soon going bye bye {sad face with pouty lip}.
Not gonna lie, not only do I love the faces and all the sweet people they represent, but I do love to see that number grow. C'mon, admit it...so do you!! And if your like me, you even do a little happy dance when you get a new follower ;)
UGGG just when I feel like I'm starting to figure all this blogging stuff out, they have to go and change things up on me...and I HATE change. Apparently this is going to happen first for non-blogger users such as Wordpress, Typepad, ect. but rumor has it that sooner or later Google is going to get rid of it completely.
As you can see, Google is now encouraging everyone to direct their followers to Google+. And again, I'm not so sure how I feel about this. I've been messing around with it and so far I'm not super impressed. But with all things, sometimes it just takes a little time I guess. It has potential, but like I said it takes me awhile to adjust. If you look in my sidebar you'll see I added the g+ badge so people can follow me that way. If you are interested in adding one to your blog here is the link to do so: https://developers.google.com/+/plugins/badge/config.
Now, I am going to be totally honest and say that I am a bit picky about how I follow a blog. I will admit to being what some call a "follow backer"...whew, there I said it. Sometimes I will become a follower of a blog but then don't really follow...I know horrible right? But I know you all do it too even if you don't admit it ;)
So here's my criteria: A blog has to 1) catch my attention, 2) I like to feel an instant connection to the writer(s), and here's the big one for me...3) it has to have a fb page dedicated to the blog. Fb is the main way that I follow a blog. I don't use RSS because it gets too crazy with all the blogs that I don't actually follow that I often can't find the ones I really like. I rarely subscribe to a blog via email unless I really, really love it and they don't have a fb page. Reason is this: my inbox is already completely overwhelmed that any more coming in will seriously give me a nervous breakdown. So I turn to fb. It's just easiest for me that way.
Re-reading that I sorta feel like a bloggy snob now. I really do feel like I try to spread the love evenly and I wish I could say that I followed everyone, but honestly there just isn't enough time in the day to keep up with everyone. It certainly doesn't mean that I don't appreciate you though!!
Think of it this way {bare with me this will make sense...hopefully}: if you're like me, you probably have an overabundance of panties {I'm a bit obsessed} tucked away in your dresser, more than you could ever wear in one week. You have panties you wear for different occasions, some you never felt comfortable in so you just don't wear, and then of course you have your favorites that you wear everyday. Nonetheless, you still appreciate having a drawer full of pretty panties and regardless of wether you wear them all the time or not, you still love having them. Well, that's sorta how blogs are. You have blogs that you visit for different occasions...if you're looking for a recipe or craft project and that particular blog has just what you need. You have some blogs that you just never felt a connection with and don't visit often. Then you have your everyday favorites...ones you have formed relationships with and feel right at home when you visit. Make sense? Ok, so maybe comparing all your lovely blogs to underwear wasn't the best idea, but hopefully you got the point ;)
I guess what I really want to know from all of you is how are you going to handle this change?
If you are a blogger, how are you going to suggest your readers follow you?
What means are you going to use for tracking your followers?
Will this affect the way you ask people to enter your giveaways?
If you are a non-blogger, how are you going to choose to follow your favorite blogs?
Will you keep up via an RSS feed?
Email subscription?
Google+?
Fb?
Other?
Other?
I know this change isn't supposed to take place for several months but I feel the need to have a plan in place. I'm a planner and I like to be prepared. I don't want to be scrambling to figure things out at the last minute and I don't want to leave my beloved readers in the lurch.
I would greatly appreciate any feedback on this subject! Please let me know how you plan on following Mommas Like Me {that is if you aren't offended but the whole panty analogy...teehee}!
Enjoy your weekend my loves and I look forward to hearing your opinions!
xoxo,
Lacee








