Monday, December 26, 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Bread {recipe}



Last month the very sweet Caitlin from the blog Cait Create allowed me to share this recipe on her adorable blog, but in case you missed it I wanted to share it again here. 

This bread is no joke my friends. Sweet, moist, cinnamon-y, and the perfect companion to a nice hot cup of coffee {or tea, whatever floats your boat}. It would be a great treat to serve for a Sunday brunch or it would also be an awesome homemade gift for someone you love because not only is it to die for delicious but SUPER easy to make as well! Ok so enough of my rambling let's get to it!

Cinnamon Sugar Bread
{If you'd like to see the original recipe please click HERE}


Ingredients


1/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup sugar. Add egg, milk, and oil to the flour mixture and stir until just moistened.
Pour half of the batter into the pan then sprinkle with cinnamon and 1/3 cup of sugar.


Cover with the remaining batter and top with more cinnamon and sugar if desired.
Bake in a preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.


Now here's the tricky part. The part where I kinda broke the rules. Apparently once the bread is cooled you are supposed to wrap it in foil and let it sit overnight. Um, yea right. I just spent over an hour smelling it's tasty goodness and practically drooling all over myself and you want me to wait until tomorrow to have a bite?? I think not!! I cut off an end piece to taste then wrapped it up and put it away for the next day. Even though I was a rebel it still tasted delicious. But when I went to have a piece the next morning after it had sat all night...it was ahhhhhmazing!!!! So if you have will power, unlike myself, you may want to wait...it really is worth it.


Oh and don't forget...
*wink*

xoxo,
Lacee