Friday, December 30, 2011

11 Favorite Blog Posts in 2011

I've seen a few other bloggers posting there favorite or most popular blog posts of 2011 and thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and do it too. Even though I have only been blogging for half the year, I thought it would be fun to revisit some of my fav's. If you are new to Mommas Like Me then it will be a great way for you to see some of my older stuff too. Ok here goes...


11 Favorite Blog Posts in 2011
in no particular order *wink*


Let's start with the 3 posts that got the most page views, shall we?


#1 with 931 page views No Sew Fleece Blankets
A great tutorial on how to make those super snuggly blankets


#2 with 1,098 page views DIY Tiered Platers
Another fun tutorial on how to make these adorable stacked plates


#3 with a whopping 2,880 page views and over 400 pins on Pinterest...
Pretzel Kisses
If you haven't made these yet then you are seriously missing out!! 

So those were some of your favorites, now on to mine...


#4 Letter to my Momma. This was one of my very first posts and probably the most emotional post I've written to date. Up until I wrote that post I had kept every.single.one of those feelings bottled up inside me for 12 years. It felt SO good to finally open up and let those feelings out...a little blogging therapy, if you will. That post taught me that unless you are willing to be vulnerable with your feelings you can't receive any real help and encouragement. It taught me that sharing my story not only helps me, but it can help others too.


#5 Bad Momma. Here is another post where I first decided to bare my momma soul for everyone to see. I was nervous about what people would think, but I knew I wanted to keep it real and share the not so fun sides of parenting as well. I was so glad to know I wasn't alone!


#6 "THAT" Mom. I decided with this post to show just how imperfectly perfect I really am. My crazy pre-mommy thoughts of sunshine and rainbows compared to the reality of everyday life with a tiny human. Thankfully, many of you could relate :)


#7 Remembering Dad. Another gut wrenching, emotional post I wrote about the loss of my dad. After re-reading it, it amazes me how much you can still learn from someone even after they are gone. How much he still inspires me to be a better person by the example he left behind. The way he made me feel when he was around will forever be with me and will continue to influence the kind of parent I want to be to my son.


#8 A New Chapter: Kindergarten {and also The Night Before Kindergarten and The BIG Day...ok I know that's really 3 but they all kinda go together!} We hit a huge milestone this year with my little man starting school. And although I was beside myself with sadness that my baby is growing up, I absolutely love seeing him blossom...so bittersweet!  


#9 You Know You're a Momma If... Here's where I tried my hand at being funny...and thankfully, you guys laughed {even if it was just out of sympathy...I'll take it!}.


#10 The Little Things. This post was all about a lesson I learned while attending a special event at Carter's school. It really hit me hard that day about how little our kids ask of us. What they really want more than anything else is for us to be there for them. To be present, involved and proud.


#11 Resolutions. This is actually a post that I had no intention of writing but was inspired by several other bloggy friends to do so. This post is a reflection of 2011...my failures, disappointments and hard times, along with the joys and milestones that I had. It makes me excited for a fresh start in 2012 and I'm looking forward to tackling the goals I have set.


Well friends, there you have it! My top 11 in 2011! 
What was YOUR favorite Mommas Like Me blog post this year?
Or, if you have a favorite blog post of your own from 2011 please post it in the
comments below, I'd love to read it!






xoxo,
Lacee