Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fly on the wall

Have you ever wanted to be a fly on the wall? Ya know, to see/hear what goes on behind closed doors. I know I have. I think if we were able to be a tiny little spectator in someone else's home we would see that maybe our family isn't as weird as we think it is...or then again, maybe it is ;)

It's been a rough week and a half around here. Carter was sick, there were allergic reactions to things, daddy was on a business trip, then momma came down with one of THESE again...joy. But despite feeling like poop for most of the week I was able to sit back, really listen and enjoy some of the silly, disgusting, and super sweet conversations that went on in my house. Yes, you could say that I was a fly on my own wall. So here's a look into some of the things you would've heard if you were a tiny creeper in my house...

I was in the kitchen unloading the dishwasher. Just as I'm putting the knives away Carter walks in...
"Whoa mom, be careful and watch out for your weenie around those knives"
"I don't have a weenie dude"
{dear god please don't let him ask what I really have!}
"You don't have a weenie?"
"Nope"
"You only have a booty?! That's terrible mommy just terrible!"

My son constantly has his hands down his pants. Here's what his dad had to say to him about that...
"Carter, stop doing that or I'm going to put a mouse trap down your pants! That'll teach you to keep your hands out!"
{insert hysterical laughter from the three of us here}

While sitting on the couch watching cartoons Carter looks up at me and says...
"Momma this is my happy place right here"
"Yea?"
"Yup, snuggling with you"
{insert heart melting here}

While sitting in bed looking like a heaping pile of ugliness, hubbs looks over and says...
"You look so pretty"
{part of me wants to punch him and the other part wonders why he never compliments me when I'm actually looking good...but mostly I want to hug him and keep him around forever}

On his way out of the room Carter stops, turns around and says...
"Hey mom I got a little something for ya...FAAAARRRRTTTT!"
"CARTER GRIFFITH"
"Oh and something for dad too...FAAAARRRRTTTT!"
"OMG Carter you are a sick dog!"
{insert endless giggles here}

On hubbs way out the door to leave for work Carter runs to the door and says...
"Goodbye best friend!"
"Goodbye best friend"

There are also times when those of us in the house are defiant...
"Carter you need to stop telling me NO and listen!"
"NO! I don't have to listen to you!"
"Don't you talk to me like that!"
His reply said in true Adam Sandler/Billy Madison style {click HERE to watch}...
"Oh I can. And I will."
{insert desperately trying not to laugh here}

While Carter is in the bathroom getting ready for school I hear him singing...
"Ain't nobody dope as me I'm just so fresh and clean...so fresh and so clean, clean"

Hubbs confesses about a 2am snack raid gone bad...
"I went to the pantry to get a snack. It was dark and I couldn't see. I reached for the bag of m&m's, grabbed a handful and put them in my mouth. When I went to chew I realized it was POPCORN KERNELS I had put in my mouth!"
"LOL! That'll teach you! You could've chipped a tooth ya dork!"

For some reason hubbs leaves a pair of his work pants on the kitchen counter. Carter walks in this morning and upon seeing them blurts out this little gem...
"OH NO! Dad forgot to wear pants to work!"
"No buddy, dad wore pants to work I promise"
"Then he forgot his extra pair in case he poops!"

If I was a fly on YOUR wall what kind of silly or sweet things would I hear?

xoxo,
Lacee