Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blog Swap: Interview With Salena From A Little Piece of Me {and DOUBLE GIVEAWAY'S!}


Today I am so excited to share with you one of my favorite bloggin' mommas...

Salena from A Little Piece of Me!




I just can't say enough good things about this lovely lady. Her blog posts are always so heartfelt and usually leave me in a puddle of tears. She is always there to brighten up your day with the sweetest comments and you truly feel like everything she says comes straight from her heart. I seriously just want to jump through my computer screen and hug her! Or better yet, just fly to Hawaii {uh huh, she's from Hawaii which practically quadruples her coolness factor} and hug her in person!

I came up with 10 questions to help everyone get to know Salena better. So please take a few minutes to read on and get to know this beautiful momma.
I promise you will just love her!

________________________________________________________________



1) What's been your greatest challenge as a momma?
I think the greatest challenge has been trying to find a way to have quality time and mother 6 kids.  Having 3 adult kids + their special someone’s + the grandchildren, and the 3 little girls, I feel like I am failing at this.  Lately there’s been a lot of “put out the fires” immediately in front of me which sometimes doesn’t get me past Aleshanee and Dakota.  Everyone else suffers and it breaks my heart.  I don’t want any of them to feel unimportant or unloved.

2) What has been your greatest joy as a momma?
Just being able to watch my kids grow up is a great joy.  I love to watch them as they are learning and being able to witness first hand at the way they respond to their surroundings.  Seeing them go through each stage of life my older ones and my younger ones.  Being able to see them changing and growing into loving, productive adults having hopes and dreams that are coming true.  I am humbled at the fact God has entrusted them to me.


3) Aside from your family and friends, what is your most cherished possession?
First thing that came to mind when I read this question my wedding ring.  I love that my husband chose it all on his own and did a great job.  The way he presented it to me and how he proposed to me brings me so much joy.  I love being married and the whole meaning of marriage.  My ring is much more to me than a piece of jewelry and I never take it off.

4) What are you most afraid of?
I am most afraid of losing my husband and my kids.  I think of it often and I can’t imagine how traumatizing it would be.  I don’t want to know.

5) What's the craziest thing you've ever done?
Hmm I don’t really do crazy.  Let me think about it. J  I seriously had to come back to this question many times.

I think the answer would be starting over with my 3 little girls.  My youngest at the time was 16 when the oldest of the next 3 was born.  My oldest will be 26 in December and my youngest will be 2 at the end of October.  Yup, people think I’m crazy this must be the one.  =)

6) How did you and your hubby meet? 
We met at church.  Funny story my youngest daughter at the time knew him before I did.  He was one of her Children’s Ministry Teachers at church.  We went shopping one day and she ran up to this stranger working there.  I yelled at her to come back because she doesn’t even know him.  She told me he was one of her teachers.  Turns out she scratched him on his hand and it left a scar, I found this out way later when we finally met.

7) What are 3 goals you'd like to accomplish in the next year?
Ahhhh!!!  I am not a goal setter, it causes me much anxiety.  I guess they would be: Lose weight and get in shape (you know so I will be able to run for my life, if I had to haha!! Some of you will know what I mean), Have a successful etsy shop, Have a balanced family life and get my house in order.

8) If you could have one superpower what would it be?
Well I have wished for so long to be able to snap my fingers and all my household chores are done.  I guess that would be it.  Being able to clean at the snap of a finger, or blink of the eye.  This would include all meals and snacks too.  =)

9) If you could spend a weekend without your kiddos, what would you do?
Oh, that sounds so nice!!! Seriously, I would not mind just relaxing at home because that’s one thing I have never been able to do.

I would love to go on a real date with my husband, you know the whole nice romantic dinner, stroll on the beach (because I live in Hawaii and don’t make use of the beach at all), see a movie, and go shopping hehe.

I have always wanted to go to Lanai with my husband but that would take money that we don’t have so I’ll just wish for it for now.

10) What is your biggest wish for your children? Yourself?
The biggest wish I would say is for each of us to be truly happy and content with whom we are as individuals and to be content with where we are at.  Not that I don’t want each of us to work on things that will create a better life for ourselves or those around us but that we will be content with what God has given us and where he is leading us.


I'm so excited to be here with all of you so I have a giveaway!! 

Saturday is October 15th which is
Worldwide Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day.


In memory of my baby angel (you can read my story here), I will be giving away one of these lovely bracelets created by me from my shop.  The winner will get to choose either the butterfly or the dragonfly.

Each bracelet has a butterfly or dragonfly charm in the center and 3 shells on each side.  This also represents my kids in perfect order.  My 3 adult kids, baby angel in the middle, and my 3 little girls.







RULES FOR GIVEAWAY
Be a public GFC follower of Mommas Like Me

Be a public GFC follower of A Little Piece of Me
Visit my shop and tell us what your favorite item is



EXTRA ENTRIES:
"Like" Mommas Like Me on Facebook
"Like" A Little Piece of Me on Facebook
Share this giveaway on your Facebook page


That's a total of 6 entries
Please leave a separate comment below for each thing you do


A winner will be announced on Oct. 20th


Good Luck!!!

Thank you again Lacee for having me here today!
Please, stop by A Little Piece of Me, I'd love to hear from you!!



All my heart

Salena
____________________________________________________________

See! Didn't I tell you she was awesome?! 
And ya know what?
Salena is interviewing ME over on her BLOG today too!
And I'm giving away a little prezzie as well!
Here's a hint: It's soft, cuddly and perfect for winter...
So head on over and get to know a little more about me and enter to win something special!


xoxo,
Lacee