Have you ever eaten something and from the very moment that you took your first bite you knew your life was forever changed? Well friends, that was the case for me when I bit into one of these cookies...
I always thought that I was strictly a chocolate chip cookie girl, that is until I made a batch of these iced pumpkin cookies. LIFE CHANGING I tell you.
Sorry chocolate chip cookie, I cheated on you. You are no longer my favorite cookie anymore. There's a new cookie in town whose stolen my heart. He's fluffier and moister, spicy in all the right ways and covered in sweet icing...you just can't compete any longer.
And because I love to share and I want your life to be forever changed as well, I am going to give you the recipe. You're welcome...in advance.
Here's what you'll need...
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Here's what you do...
1) Preheat oven to 350*. Combine flour, baking power, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, groud cloves, and salt. Set aside.
2) In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. The dough will seem really sticky, that's ok. It should look a little something like this...
Drop on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper or a silpat by the tablespoonfuls. Wet the palm of your had with water and slightly flatten each cookie.
3) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies completely. While cookies are cooling, make the icing.
For the icing...
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
In a bowl combine powdered sugar, milk, butter and vanilla. Add milk as needed to achieve drizzling consistency.
Place cookies on a piece of tin foil or parchment paper then using a fork drizzle each cookie with icing.
Side note: Drizzling is a lot harder when you are trying to take a pic at the same time!
And there ya have it! Your house will smell of tasty fall goodness and your belly will be filled with pumpkiny deliciousness. You might have to fight your family members off with a spatula to get one, so make sure you snatch one up quick!
Happy Fall Everyone!
xoxo,
Lacee







