Weekends are just not long enough, ya know?
I try to stay away the computer as much as possible on the weekends in order to soak of every minute I have with my boys, so if I don't get back to your comments or emails right away I'm sorry but family first! I promise I haven't forgotten, I'll get back to you soon!
So on this lovely Monday I thought I'd share with you a few highlights from our weekend.
On Saturday we decided to take a little drive to Old Navy for a little shopping. I have like no clothes for winter so I was in desperate need of a few things. And man did I score! I was able to get two pairs of jeans, two shirts and an adorable jacket for $90!!! I was most excited about the jacket because I found it on clearance for $16 and I was so stoked when I tried it on and it actually fit!
Then for some glorious reason, I got the sweetest cashier EVER! For no reason at all he gave me an extra 25% off EVERYTHING!!! Which meant my jacket was only like $12!!! I swear I wanted to hop over the counter and plant a big wet one on this kids cheek...he totally made my day!!!
Since my boys were so patient while momma shopped, we decided to take a little trip to the driving range later that day. As I sat and watched my man and my little man play, something came over me.
Watching the way my hubby was with Carter just made me fall in love with him even more. I mean, he's always wonderful with our son, but it was so sweet to see him teaching his son to do something that he loves to do so much, something that as Carter grows, I'm sure they'll spend many more afternoons doing together.
It was just the way he was so patient, loving, and encouraging with him. The way Carter just soaked up every single second with his hero. In that precious moment, he made me want to be a better wife. A better momma. I love him for that.
Sunday was filled with the usual. Seems like I'm always trying to prepare for the week ahead. Grocery shopping, going over this weeks school schedule, laundry, tidying up the house and trying to enjoy the last bits of time before we have to start all over again. We did, however, make time to go for a walk and enjoy the beautiful fall air. Lately, Carter has a fascination with pine cones...don't as me why, I'm clueless. He's started a little collection on the front porch and fortunate for him we live in a neighborhood now where there are lots of pine cones to be found. So we went on a little treasure hunt for them last night and boy did we find some big ones! 10 years ago I would've never thought that treasuring hunting for pine cones would bring me such joy...haha!
It really is the little things :)
So that pretty much sums up my weekend!
How was YOUR weekend??
Oh and I'm about to make your Monday a super happy one! Take a peek at the headband and $10 Ulta gift card I'm giving away over at Made By Munchies Mama!
Summer is super sweet and is throwing in a bunch more goodies too!
So head on over and get yourself entered!
xoxo,
Lacee







