Words cannot even describe just how excited I am about todays post!! I am up extra early this morning to share with you one of my favorite bloggin' mommas from one of my favorite blogs...
Kristine from J&M's Eye Candy!!!
I love this girl. Like serious. LOVE.
The post she is sharing today really hit home with me and I know it will with so many of you other wonderful mommas too. Kristine and Britney are also GIVING AWAY a FREE ad space on their blog!!! So make sure to enter to win after you read this wonderful post.
Take it away my lovely...
********************************************************
Hello Mommas Like Me lovelies!!
Kristine from J&M's Eye Candy!!!
I love this girl. Like serious. LOVE.
The post she is sharing today really hit home with me and I know it will with so many of you other wonderful mommas too. Kristine and Britney are also GIVING AWAY a FREE ad space on their blog!!! So make sure to enter to win after you read this wonderful post.
Take it away my lovely...
********************************************************
Hello Mommas Like Me lovelies!!
My sister in law Britney and I started our blog in May of this year, as a place where we can collectively archive our projects and share it with others like you.
Our blog has really involved into so much more! We share just about everything on our blog; from recipes, mom tips, fashion, home decor, and crafty ideas + tutorials.
We are two Stay at Home Momma's.
We opened up our Etsy shoppe soon after, there you will find an eclectic mix of handmade sweetness for ladies and sprouts. We love making pretties for our girls, and love being able to create custom pretties for others like you. Below are some examples of some custom Eye Candy I've made:

"J&M" stands for Jayden and Maggie, our two little ladies. They both inspire us everyday.
Our blog has really involved into so much more! We share just about everything on our blog; from recipes, mom tips, fashion, home decor, and crafty ideas + tutorials.
We are two Stay at Home Momma's.
Sister in Laws by chance, friends by choice.
Lovers of creating and enjoying life!
We opened up our Etsy shoppe soon after, there you will find an eclectic mix of handmade sweetness for ladies and sprouts. We love making pretties for our girls, and love being able to create custom pretties for others like you. Below are some examples of some custom Eye Candy I've made:

"J&M" stands for Jayden and Maggie, our two little ladies. They both inspire us everyday.
I am thrilled to be guest posting here today for the ever so sweet Lacee!! She has become such a good friend and awesome supporter since we found each other here in Blogland! Who would've thought I'd meet so many amazing women thru the intranet, who I can truly say are my friend?! It's an amazing, powerful thing!
Post disclaimer before I go on: This Momma is all over the place these days, so I hope you can bare with me thru my scattered thoughts, as I attempt to put them into words. I shared some of these thoughts a couple weeks ago, and even tho I feel like somewhat of a broken record, I wanted to share it with you all here again today.
I wrote this as a reminder, a reminder to myself, and maybe, hopefully it'll {help} inspire you.
I love me a good quote. Here's one from the late Steve Jobs.
Love this quote. It holds so much truth in it.
Noise. People can and WILL make noise, it's up to you to let it affect you. Only you can decide how to let others affect you. I'm a softie. I take things too personal. I know this. I'm trying. Trying to be better. I try and take others' advice and soak it in, and interpret it to the best of my ability and situation, but the reality is at the end of the day, it's up to ME. No one else.
Noise. People can and WILL make noise, it's up to you to let it affect you. Only you can decide how to let others affect you. I'm a softie. I take things too personal. I know this. I'm trying. Trying to be better. I try and take others' advice and soak it in, and interpret it to the best of my ability and situation, but the reality is at the end of the day, it's up to ME. No one else.
Ashley who blogs over at Eisy Morgan, had this prompt for a writing exercise.
Share what your older self might tell you
about what you are consumed with?
It got me thinking...
It got me thinking...
Since July 2010 (when our first baby girl M was born), my life has been {consumed} with being the best momma I can be. Bettering myself in the momma department a little everyday. Most days I try and go to bed thinking "I freakin rocked today!" But not everyday, and it's those days that I can't help but find myself having a pity party. I truly think this comes with becoming a mommy.
Don't get me wrong, a good pity party is good every once in awhile. And if you're lucky enough to have an amazing support of girlfriends and female family members (no offense men), it's even easier to bounce back quickly, stronger even, from a pity party.
We've added another M baby girl to our brood. She is exactly three weeks old as I write this. I can't help but get and feel so overwhelmed since bringing her home. Even with all the love and support we could ever dream of, I still can't help but feel scared. Feel like I'm not giving enough, feel like I'm not doing my best. In all honesty I just get exhausted thinking of trying to master my {juggling act}.
I think I've hit a breakthrough. I'll share my {secret} with you. It's not just about making sure I'm taking care of the girls (M&M), the hubs, the house, etc... it's about making sure I'm also taking care of ME. Yes, as a mom even writing that makes me feel selfish, and I can't control the feeling of {mom guilt} that takes over, but I've come to accept that it's NOT selfish at all.
So, if I {need} to just get away after a long day, I do just that. Finally get in the shower (alone), go for a walk (alone), go grocery shopping (alone), drive to pick up supper for that night since I couldn't have it ready by the time the hubs came home (once again ALONE). Yes, the mom guilt still remains, it's a given, and that too I've learned to accept. But that little re-boot, that little re-charge, is all it takes to make me stop and just.freakin.breathe.
So, if I {need} to just get away after a long day, I do just that. Finally get in the shower (alone), go for a walk (alone), go grocery shopping (alone), drive to pick up supper for that night since I couldn't have it ready by the time the hubs came home (once again ALONE). Yes, the mom guilt still remains, it's a given, and that too I've learned to accept. But that little re-boot, that little re-charge, is all it takes to make me stop and just.freakin.breathe.
As moms we "gotta do what we gotta do," and I can't go taking care of our M&M girls and our {home} to the best of my ability if I'm not at MY personal best.
Whatever you need to do, do it. Keep working at it. Remember to keep it flexible. Situations change, embrace it. Take it all in. You and your sprouts deserve it.
My older self would say...
"No matter what anyone says or does remember YOU are the Momma. You have everything within you to take care of those babes of yours. Look within. Listen. And if someone doesn't agree or doesn't like it, CUT THE FAT BABY! There is no reason {no excuse} to waste time and energy on negative Nancy's. Surround yourself with people who lift you up, in the good times and in the bad. You got this in the bag Momma. Rock on you sexy Momma you!"
If you've made it to the end of this post, you are awesome (wink)!
I encourage you to try this writing exercise, and use this prompt. If you do, I would love it if you shared the link in the comments section, or email it to me at jandmseyecandy@hotmail.com. I would love to read it!
| NOW, let's get down to some serious business!! |
We are GIVING AWAY a FREE Sponsor Ad Spot on our blog to one of you lucky peeps!
Like I stated before we just started our blog in May and are SO happy to say we have been growing steadily everyday.
The winner will receive a 30 day sponsor ad spot on our sidebar to display a 225x225 button of their choice. The giveaway also includes a guest post to feature you and your blog/shoppe. This is a GREAT way to get exposure! Read more about our advertising/sponsor info here.
If you're looking to spice up your sidebar feel free to add our button :)

Like I stated before we just started our blog in May and are SO happy to say we have been growing steadily everyday.
The winner will receive a 30 day sponsor ad spot on our sidebar to display a 225x225 button of their choice. The giveaway also includes a guest post to feature you and your blog/shoppe. This is a GREAT way to get exposure! Read more about our advertising/sponsor info here.
If you're looking to spice up your sidebar feel free to add our button :)

Also we wanted to offer a discount code for 15% off your entire order over at our shoppe. Please use code MLM15 to ensure you receive your discount.
(please leave a separate comment for each entry you complete)
Mandatory
Be a GFC follower of J&M's Eye Candy
Be a GFC follower of Mommas Like Me
Extra Entries
Like Mommas Like Me on Fb
Follow J&M's on Twitter
Follow J&M's on Pinterest
Share this giveaway on your FB page, Twitter, and/or blog (1 entry for each, please leave a separate comment for each one you do with the corresponding link)That's a grand total of TEN entries if you complete each one! Do one, do a few, or do them all to increase your chances of winning!
A winner will be chosen and announced on November 4th so be sure to check back!
Thanks so much Lacee for having me today! Good luck everyone, and hope to see you over at our neck of the woods sooner than later!
Happy Tuesday to you all!!
Now run over and check out
ALL the awesomeness that Lacee is sharing on our blog today! YES!! Another chance to win some FREE goodness!
Thanks so much Lacee for having me today! Good luck everyone, and hope to see you over at our neck of the woods sooner than later!
Happy Tuesday to you all!!
Now run over and check out
ALL the awesomeness that Lacee is sharing on our blog today! YES!! Another chance to win some FREE goodness!
*****************************************************
Don't you just love her already?! I told you ya would *wink*
Thank you SO MUCH Kristine for partying over at Mommas Like Me today and sharing your heart! You are the sweetest!
Now make sure you enter to win that ad space!
AND...
Don't forget to visit J&M's Eye Candy to see my tutorial on "How to Cut a Tee" and enter to win a $20 gift card from me to the craft store of your choice!!!
So don't wait any longer! Scoot your boot and get entered to win!!!
xoxo,
Lacee









