Recently, in an ongoing quest to complete a list of house hold projects, I had been searching for a perfect and unique way to organize and store my necklaces. I absolutely hate when I go to put on a necklace only to find them all in a tangled heap in my jewelry box. I had found several really great ideas while searching on Pinterest, but I wanted to create something unique, functional, and that had my own personal touch.
I love all things old, antique and shabby looking and since moving I have started to really lean towards this style in my decorating. I love being able to look at a piece of furniture and know there is a story behind it. So while browsing around one of my favorite local antique stores I came across this beauty...
Yes, I said BEAUTY.
It's old, peely, chipped and distressed...just how I like it! The lady I bought it from said she salvaged it from an old barn and that it was more than likely a piece from an old door of some sort. I immediately had the glorious vision of turning this into my jewelry holder! {Side note** I swear that I could be a picker...ya know, like Mike and Frank from the show American Pickers? I love finding "treasures" then re-vamping them into something fabulous!} I searched high and low for the perfect knobs to attach that would hold my necklaces and ended up scoring these lovelies at the ol' Hob Lob...
It's old, peely, chipped and distressed...just how I like it! The lady I bought it from said she salvaged it from an old barn and that it was more than likely a piece from an old door of some sort. I immediately had the glorious vision of turning this into my jewelry holder! {Side note** I swear that I could be a picker...ya know, like Mike and Frank from the show American Pickers? I love finding "treasures" then re-vamping them into something fabulous!} I searched high and low for the perfect knobs to attach that would hold my necklaces and ended up scoring these lovelies at the ol' Hob Lob...
Now I originally wanted little glass knobs but when I saw these I fell in love and thought they would compliment the piece beautifully. Next, I put the hubby to work and had him attach the knobs to the door. He simply marked the places where the knobs would go, drilled holes in each of the marks he made, inserted the screws from the back side, screwed on the knobs, then attached saw-tooth hangers to the back.
Then it was ready to hang on the wall and hold my pretties!
{My bookcase turned shoe case will be getting a makeover soon too!}
I LOVE IT!!
Total cost of this project was:
$25 for the antique door {actually free for me since I used a gift card I had received...YAY!}
$6 for the knobs from Hobby Lobby {they were on sale for %50 off!}
So overall this project only cost me $6!!!!
SCORE!!!!
I may or may not put an old antique door knob where the original one is missing. I can't decide yet...what do you think?
xoxo,
Lacee








