Wednesday, October 26, 2011

PMS...Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

 

**WARNING**
Today's post is more of a rant than anything else. This is my more feisty, tell it like it is side. I needed to vent to those who I know would understand. If you are a man who reads my blog, you may want to skip this post. If you choose to read on, then please do not take any of this personally. When you have a period of your own, then you can write your own post ;) 


"Have A Happy Period"

The first time I ever heard this commercial I nearly choked on my water as I reached for the remote and hit the rewind button. Surely, I must have heard that wrong. I watched the commercial again and sure enough, I was told to have a happy period.

My first thought: Happy? Are you serious? 
My second thought: Oh surely this stupid slogan was created by a MAN! 

Honestly, whoever thought that was an appropriate slogan is an idiot and has obviously never had a period of his their own {if I were to find out that a woman came up with this slogan then I would seriously be ashamed of my own kind}. I imagine a board room filled with single men and tampons {because even a married man knows that a period is not happy for anyone involved}. They were all probably sitting around joking how if they had a period they would
"take it like a man"
{insert burly man laugh here}.
Haha...yeah...right. One cramp and they would be crying for their mommas. 
Did they really think that we would buy more of their product based on the lie that it would make our periods happy??? DUDES, we don't have a choice! We HAVE to buy that stuff...happy or not!

 Out of the 17 years that I have been visited monthly by 'ol Aunt Flo, I cannot think back on one time when I breathed a huge sigh of relief and said to myself,
Now THIS has been my happiest period yet!
Feminine hygiene commercials are such a lie. I don't know about you but, while on my period I have never felt like frolicking through a field of lavender with my lady friends. I have never pranced through a soccer field and scored the winning goal. Never have I put on my pretty WHITE dress and spun around in circles in the middle of the street for no apparent reason. 

No, instead when it's that time of month I usually find myself laying around in my fat sweats with my heating pad and bottle of Midol close by looking like a complete hag while
world war 3 takes place in my uterus.
Bloated. Irritated. Sad. Mad. Weepy. Hungry. Fat. Hot. Cold. Crampy. Miserable.


So I decided to come up with a slogan that I feel is much more appropriate...


Yes, not even a whole case of wine or 10lbs of chocolate could make a period happy, BUT in my case it is a proven fact that it can make it more tolerable.


So ladies, that's today's post. You were supposed to get a post all about how to make homemade applesauce {lol} but this just seemed much more appropriate to the mood I'm in. I promise tomorrow you'll get your applesauce ;)

If you have any PMS gripes, I'd love to hear them in the comment section below!

xoxo,
Lacee

P.S. Don't forget to check out the double GIVEAWAY going on HERE.